The 30-year-old has scored three goals in six World Cup appearances and has been included in the squad despite recently undergoing surgery to fix a fractured eye socket.
Son was involved in a sickening clash during Spurs’ Champions League game against Marseille that ruled him out of Tottenham’s final matches before the break.
Heung-min Son injury: What’s the latest?
Given Son has made over 100 appearances for South Korea and is one of the most popular people in the country, it’s no real surprise he was included in the squad.
But his injury was serious, and head coach Paulo Bento revealed he wasn’t sure when Son could return to training: “We don’t have that information yet.
Goals from Raphael Varane and Antoine Griezmann was enough to send the Urguyan’s home early following a hard fought campaign.
However, Diego Alonso will be hoping that the French defeat can give his side that fire in their belly this time round – especially all-time top goal scorer Luis Suarez whose club future is up in the air.
But first, Uruguay have to navigate Son Heung-min and co who are determined to make it out of the group stages for the first time since 2010.
What time does Uruguay vs South Korea kick off?
- Uruguay are all set to take go up against South Korea on Thursday, November 24.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 1pm UK time – 3pm local time.
- Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan, Qatar is the designated arena for this encounter and it can host around 45,350 fans.
- South Korea scraped a 2-1 win when the sides last met in an 2018 friendly but haven’t won any of the other seven games before that.
READ MORE ON WORLD CUP
Superstar XI NOT going to World Cup including Haaland, Salah and Aubameyang
Kylian Mbappe REFUSES to appear in France team photo in image rights row
What TV channel is Uruguay vs South Korea on and can it be live streamed?
- Uruguay vs South Korea will be broadcasted LIVE on BBC One in the UK.
- Viewers also have the option to stream the entire action live via the BBC Sport website or BBC iPlayer app.
- The BBC iPlayer app is available to download onto your mobile or preferred tablet device.
AP Foto/Eduardo Muñoz Alvarez
The greatest sporting event in the world is almost upon us. Folks, it’s nearly time for the FIFA World Cup.
And that means you need all of the viewing information, odds, group predictions and more ahead of soccer’s signature tournament. You’ll find it all below.
Odds via DraftKings.
Groups, Odds, Predictions, Schedule
Qatar (+30000), Ecuador (+15000), Senegal (+10000), Netherlands (+1200)
The Netherlands is the heavy favorite in this group and should advance without much drama. The second spot will come down to Ecuador and Senegal, where advancing out of a tough South American qualifying format should have the Ecuadorians battle-tested enough to move on.
But Son has insisted he will be ready to play and help inspire his side through the group stages.
He said: “I won’t miss this for the world. In a tough time I received a lot of strength from you!
“Playing for your country at the World Cup is the dream of so many children growing up, just as it was one of mine too.”
But after a few days of training in London, the forward revealed he was going to join up with the rest of the squad on November 15.
He told media in his native country: “We still need to give it time to see. I will be training here and travel on Tuesday. Once I finish up the training sessions I’m scheduled to travel on the 15th.”
Uruguay made it to the quarter-finals four years ago, before they were fell to a 2-0 defeat to eventual World Cup winners France.
Uruguay v South Korea: talkSPORT coverage
This World Cup Group H tie will get underway at 1pm UK time on Thursday, November 24.
The game will be held at the Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan.
The action will be live on talkSPORT from midday and we will also have a special pre-match preview show and plenty of analysis after full-time.
Hugh Woozencroft will be your host and commentary will come from Alex Crook and former Wales striker Dean Saunders.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 through the website, click HERE for the live stream.
ou can also listen via the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Uruguay v South Korea: Squads and team news
talkSPORT will bring you all the latest news from the entire World Cup throughout November and December.
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera, Sergio Rochet, Sebastian Sosa
- Defenders: Jose Maria Gimenez, Sebastian Coates, Diego Godin, Martin Caceres, Ronald Araujo, Guillermo Varela, Jose Luis Rodriguez, Mathias Olivera, Matias Vina
- Midfielders: Lucas Torreira, Manuel Ugarte, Matias Vecino, Rodrigo Bentancur, Federico Valverde, Facundo Pellistri, Nicolas De La Cruz
- Forwards: Agustin Canobbio, Facundo Torres, Giorgian De Arrascaeta, Maxi Gomez, Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani, Darwin Nunez
- Goalkeepers: Kim Seung-gyu, Jo Hyeon-woo, Song Bum-keun
- Defenders: Kim Min-jae, Kim Jin-su, Hong Chul, Kim Moon-hwan, Yoon Jong-gyu, Kim Young-gwon, Kim Tae-hwan, Kwon Kyung-won, Cho Yu-min
- Midfielders: Jung Woo-young, Na Sang-ho, Paik Seung-ho, Son Jun-ho, Song Min-kyu, Kwon Chang-hoon, Lee Jae-sung, Hwang Hee-chan, Hwang In-beom, Jeong Woo-yeong , Lee Kang-in
- Forwards: Hwang Ui-jo, Cho Gue-sung , Heung-min Son
Uruguay v South Korea: Match stats
Full match stats will follow closer to the tournament.